Some people experience foot pain due to injury, standing too long, wearing the wrong types of shoes or they’ve simply inherited the problem. When you have pain in specific areas of your foot that lasts a long time, you should see your doctor. In this article, we’ll discuss things you can do to prevent foot pain and some remedies to find relief.
For preventive measures, it’s best to wear comfortable and properly fitted shoes. If you experience foot problems and are wearing tight shoes or high heals, this could be your problem right there.
Another preventive measure, make sure you keep your nails clipped. You should cut them straight across and to the end of the toe.
There are lots of remedies for foot pain. One of the best remedies for foot pain relief is to purchase therapeutic insoles. Incidentally, these insoles also help with back pain. Further, just like you would practice upper back pain exercises, there are also many foot stretching exercises you can perform on your feet.
Another excellent home remedy for foot pain is to draw a foot bath and add Epsom salts to the bath. I love Epsom salts and find foot pain relief within minutes. You can also try alternating cold and warm water for one minute each while sitting at the edge of your tub.
If your foot is swollen, try placing a washcloth filled with ice. This helps if you’re on your feet constantly and your foot tends to swell. Likewise, you can try elevating your feet as well to reduce swelling.
If the pain persist, you should your doctor. If you’ve already been to your doctor and you’re still experiencing pain, try taking vitamin supplements. I know for me, I changed my diet to completely organic and starting taking a multi vitamin, Vitamin C and Echinacea. This worked for me and it may work for you as well.
Mycocide HT Foot Pain Relief Cream with Celadrin, 3.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 2)
- Fast-Acting penetrating pain relief cream developed by a Podiatrist for hips knees ankles and feet.
- For relief of minor aches and pains of muscles and joints assocaited with arthritis bruises strains and sprains
- Helps to improve joint mobility
- Penetrating delivery system helps releive pain quickly
- Kills germs and helps prevent infections.
Mycocide HT foot pain relief cream with celadrin, 3.5-ounce boxes (pack of 2) is the product that provides fast-acting penetrating pain relief and improved joint mobility with menthol and celadrin for arthritis, sprains, muscle and joint aches. Patented formula penetrates to provide fast-acting pain relief for arthritis, muscle and tendon aches, sprains, strains and stiff. Use on hips, knees, ankles and feet. Menthol and capsaicin provide pain relief with a cooling sensation. Great for athletes, sports participants, adults and seniors. Antimicrobial.
List Price: $ 25.98
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”B001ET7EBY”]
Dr Scholl’s Back Pain Relief Orthotics, Men’s Sizes 8-13 (Pack of 2)
- Has shock guard that cushions and absorbs jarring shock with every step you take
- Comfort spring has spring-like mechanism that cushions to provide comfort with every step
- Helps to more evenly distribute body weight to reduce stress and shock to the heel
- Clinically proven lower back pain relief guaranteed
Clinically Proven: Lower back pain relief; Helps you stay on your feet longer; Podiatrist tested. Trim to fit! Shock Guard cushions & absorbs impact. You have low back pain (after being on your feet all day). You want relief from low back pain. You need Dr. Scholl’s Back Pain Relief Orthotics. Comfort Spring: Cushions to provide comfort with every step; Helps to more evenly distribute body weight to reduce stress and shock to the heel. Shock Guard: Cushions and absorbs jarring shock with every step you take. Fit dress shoes, work shoes and casual shoes. Dr. Scholl’s Back Pain Relief Orthotics design has been tested by podiatrists and clinically proven to relieve low back pain. Made in China.
List Price: $ 25.00
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”B000NSW2WS”]
Masada Natural Pain Relief Cream with Alpha Lipoic Acid, Antioxidant Protection, 4-Ounce Jars
- A Homeopathic preparation of Chamomile with ALA, vitamins and antibacterial Dead Sea Minerals that helps ease the sensation of pain, tinglings and numbness in hands & feet
- For temporary relief from the pain and discomfort of Neuropathy
- Potent antioxidant protection
- Replenishes vital minerals
- Alpha Lipoic Acid neutralizes free radical damage, improves microcirculation and has synergistic benefits with vitamins C & E, and Glutathione
Natural Pain Relief Cream is a Homeopathic preparation of chamomile, synergistically formulated with super-antioxidant Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) protection, nourishing vitamins, and natural antibacterial Dead Sea Minerals. This potent combination helps to provide temporary relief of the most common symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy such as pain, tingling, and numbness caused by Diabetes and other causes. Apply liberally to painful area. Can be used as needed for pain.
List Price: $ 49.99
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”B001MS7DKY”]